counter

Friday 7 September 2012

Individual Professional Project: Bannerman

In the second year of Creative Communications, each student is required to complete a huge project of their choosing. Projects can be a variety of different things: writing a book, fundraising for a company, shooting a documentary, or re-branding an organization. I chose to write, film, direct, and edit my own web based comedy series entitled Bannerman.

Bannerman follows Eric, a naive young man who causes tension between himself and his parents. Eric eventually gets kicked out of his house and is quickly thrust into a world where he is forced to grow up. He moves in with CJ, a socially awkward narcissist.

At the end of second semester, last year, I posted audition notices around the city. Auditions were held in June of this year. I found some great local talent to be a part of my creation. Scripts were finished in August, and we are scheduled to shoot our first episode this weekend.

Cast list:

Don (Eric's father): Rick Genisorek
Laura (Eric's mother): Cheryl Genisorek
Eric: Nick Petuhoff
Jane (Eric's friend): Jessica Cuddy
CJ: Lucas Brazeau
Earl (an interesting homeless man): Ward Massner
Extra: Bridget Young

Also, I'd like to extend a huge thank you to Owen Swinn and Matthew TenBruggencate for helping me out with auditions. I look forward to working with all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment