counter

Friday 23 March 2012

Trip to Minneapolis!

Over reading week, my girlfriend and I had an awesome time in Minneapolis. We stayed at The Millennium Hotel and Suites on Nicollet Mall, which was very nice. The second night we were there Liza made the mistake of ordering a cosmo, which came to around $12, while my beer was a meager $6.50. After that, we decided to employ some creativity.

We checked out the Mall of America, but both agreed that one day was enough. I talked to a nice lady from ChildFund International who told me I should become a sponsor. When she saw my hesitation, she asked what was stopping me. When I told her books and tuition, car insurance, rent, rising gas prices... she didn't bat an eye. When I told her I was from Canada she said I couldn't do it anyway because they only accepted Americans.



Badass.
Leggo Land was pretty cool. We even checked out the Minneapolis Institute of the Arts, which was awesome - though pictures were obviously frowned upon. Liza was really glad I was there to help her pick out new boots, though.


Alas, all good things must come to an end. After driving the entire way, Liza felt bad and wanted to drive. I begrudgingly accepted, hoping to get some sleep (and I felt terrible after drinking three energy drinks and eating beef jerky, chips, and chocolate). It was snowing a little bit, but I wasn't worried as Liza loves to drive cautiously because safety is her utmost concern. I was awoken from a half-sleep by "AARON OH MY GOD!" Liza had to make a turn on an exit ramp was worried about changing lanes. She was very stressed at the time but we had a good laugh after.


No comments:

Post a Comment