counter

Thursday 28 February 2013

Off topic: Pay it Forward



No, not that.

This blog post is about real life. This afternoon I was on my way to school and I made a quick stop at the Tim Hortons on Henderson Highway. I ordered my usual, large double-double and got my toonie ready to pay. When I got to the window and offered my toonie to the cashier she shook her head and waved her hand in front of her chest.

"No, no - it's ok", she said.

I looked at her, thoroughly confused.

"No, I ordered a large double-double", I said.

She smiled.

"That woman pay for you", she replied, as she pointed at a blue SUV that was just pulling away from the drive-thru.

Needless to say, I couldn't help but smile. What a nice thing to do. CBC Radio had a feature story a few months ago about people in Winnipeg 'Paying it Forward'. I hadn't really given it a second thought - until now.

I fully intend to 'Pay it Forward' the very next opportunity I get. I challenge you to do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment